Welcome to West Point Medical Center, your trusted healthcare provider committed to delivering high-quality medical services to our community. With a team of skilled healthcare professionals and state-of-the-art facilities, we strive to ensure the well-being and satisfaction of every patient who walks through our doors.
Millions of people worldwide are afflicted with sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), which are a severe public health concern. They are sexually transmitted infections that can spread by skin-to-skin contact in the genital region as well as during anal, oral, and vaginal intercourse. When left untreated, STDs can result in a wide range of symptoms, from minor aches and pains to serious health issues and even the risk of death. That's why STD testing is a critical step in protecting your sexual health and the health of your partners. We offer a quick and confidential testing service for the most common STDs, ensuring your privacy and anonymity are maintained throughout the entire process.
Let's discuss what you should know about STD testing, such as why it's crucial, when to get tested, what kinds of tests are available, and where you can get tested. Through every step of the process, the team at West Point Medical Center will ensure that you feel safe and comfortable.
A sexually transmitted disease (STD) is an infection that is spread by having intercourse. There are numerous varieties of STDs that are brought on by numerous bacterial, viral, and parasitic species. Among the most prevalent STD kinds are:
3. Human papillomavirus (HPV)
6. Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
STD testing for men and women is important for several reasons. It allows you to know your sexual health status and take appropriate action if you test positive for an STD. Early detection is key in treating many STDs, as it can help prevent serious complications. Secondly, STD testing is essential for reducing the spread of STDs. Many STDs can be asymptomatic which makes it easy for infected individuals to unknowingly pass the infection to others during sexual contact.
Lastly, STD testing is important for breaking the stigma surrounding STDs.People may hesitate to get tested and treated since having an STD is sometimes linked with shame and embarrassment. STDs, on the other hand, are a widespread health problem that can affect anyone, regardless of age, gender, sexuality, or socioeconomic background.
The frequency of STD testing depends on several factors, including your sexual activity, the type of sexual contact you engage in, and your personal risk factors. It is advised to get an STD test done if:
1. You have multiple sexual partners
2. You have unprotected sex
3. You are pregnant
4. You have symptoms
If you experience symptoms such as unusual discharge, pain during sex or urination, sores, or rashes in the genital area, it's essential to get tested for STDs as soon as possible. Here are some general symptoms that may be associated with STDs:
1. Abnormal discharge from the genitals
2. Genital sores or blisters on or around the genitals, mouth, or rectum accompanied by other symptoms like itching or burning
3. Pain or burning during urination
4. Skin rash that may be red, brown, or greyish in color
There are various types of STD tests available, and the specific tests you need will depend on the type of STD you are being tested for. Some of the most common types of STD tests include:
1. Blood tests: Blood tests are used to screen for infections such as HIV, syphilis, and hepatitis.. Blood tests for STDs are usually done by drawing blood from a vein and are typically accurate and reliable.
2. Urine tests: STD Urine tests are used to screen for infections such as chlamydia and gonorrhea.. Urine tests are non-invasive and easy to collect, making them a popular option for STD testing.
3. Swab tests: Swab tests involve using a cotton swab to collect a sample from the affected area. Swab tests are commonly used for testing for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and herpes.
4. Physical examinations: Physical examinations may be performed by a healthcare provider to check for visible signs of STDs, such as sores, rashes, or warts.
5. Rapid tests: Rapid testing provide quick results, usually within a few minutes, and can be done in a healthcare provider's office or at home.
If you're in need of STD testing, we're here to help! At West Point Medical Center, we offer affordable testing and confidential testing services at our clinic. Our experienced healthcare providers are trained to handle STD testing with care. At West Point, we offer tuberculosis skin tests to help diagnose and prevent TB. Our skilled medical professionals provide safe and effective testing.
West Point Medical Center provides urgent care services to residents and businesses of Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, San Bernardino, and surrounding communities. As a walk-in clinic near me, our Urgent Care Clinics serving the Inland Empire area offer extended hours of operation to provide you with quick medical care.
Patients are quickly seen by our experienced staff on an appointment or walk-in basis.
At West point Medical Center we are here to serve you!